8 Tips for making small talk less awkward
Small talk is actually a nice way of communicating, but it can also be really annoying. Find out why here.
- Talking about yourself.
- Making jokes.
- Talking to yourself even if no one wants to listen to you.
- Interrupting an interesting group discussion, disturbing the conversation or bringing it to an end.
- Having a conversation with someone you know and trust in a group, discussing private stuff and excluding others from the discussion.
- Leaving in the middle of a conversation because someone you know has just arrived.
- Asking a question but not paying attention to the answer.
- Interrupting the person you are talking to and using each word as a cue to chime in.